Trifarm | Latest News
20
blog,do-etfw,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-3.4,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.12.1,vc_responsive
 

Trifarm

29th July Race Trifarm Triple Crown Race Details

Only a few days to go until we see you for our second Triple Crown Race

The lake has cooled over recent days and so betting is the water will be below 22 degrees, and so wetsuits are likely to be allowed.  This will only be finalised once the final temperature check has been done around 1 hour before the race.

You can view the 18k bike route for Saturday’s race here, to download a gpx click on the second icon down on the right hand side of the justgoride page;

https://www.justgoride.co.uk/routes/29163

The final briefing document is here

Trifarm Sprint Triathlon briefing July final

The start waves and times, subject to last minute entries or withdrawals are here;

July 29th Start Times

Alton Water Triathlon – Final Wave Assignments

Evening All

The final wave assignments have been made to include a few late entries, no-one has been moved, waves have only been added to.  Details are available here;

http://altonwatertriathlon.uk/briefing-entrants/

Alton Water Triathlon – Briefings & Entrants

If you are joining us for the inaugural Alton Water Triathlon on July 8th then feel free to download the race briefing and entrants list here;

http://altonwatertriathlon.uk/briefing-entrants/

Race Day Tomorrow – Final pointers

A few pointers for entrants tomorrow. Please try and arrive at 7am or after to avoid queueing on the road into Trifarm. The marshall briefing is at 6:45 so we wont open gate until that is complete. There is the possibility of a small diversion on the bike route due to a possible road closure.
See you there 🙂

If it is adjusted the bike route will look something like below, about 500m shorter.

Triple Crown Briefing, Bike Routes & Start Waves

Only a few days to go until we see you for our first Triple Crown Race (I know, ironic title after cancelling Race 1!)

As you may have seen on facebook, the lake is warm at present, well above 22 degrees, and so unless it cools significantly expect it to be a non-wetsuit swim.  Bring your wetsuit with you, but dont necessarily expect to be to be using it.

You can view the 18k bike route for Saturday’s race here, to download a gpx click on the second icon down on the right hand side of the justgoride page;

https://www.justgoride.co.uk/routes/29163

The final briefing document is here

Trifarm Sprint Triathlon briefing final

The start waves and times, subject to last minute entries or withdrawals are here;

Start List & Waves

Trifarm Triple Crown Race: 24th June 2017

On Saturday 24th June the lake will be closed until 11am to allow our sprint race to happen. If you need an early swim you still have time to enter race.

If you can spare 6:45-11 on 24th, we still require another six or so marshalls. Free bacon roll, swim, tea and cake

 

Windy & Wet Conditions on Site 6/6/17

There is yellow weather warning around strong winds for Boreham today. The team will be getting to site around 4:30 and will assess safety as follows;
• Is it safe to allow you to swim complete laps, i.e. can we get to you quickly and safely in a kayak against the wind and any chop.
• If not, can we safely operate a shortened course up and down to the first corner keeping you close in to the eastern lake edge, with lifeguards at both ends.
• If the short course is not safe to operate then we will be closed for the evening, with apologies to all.
We will update once the team are on site.
Safety first as always.
Thanks
Ruth & Bill

Cancellation of Race 1 – Trifarm Triple Crown Series

We have had to take the decision to cancel leg 1 of the Triple Crown Series due to the low number of entrants. Each of these races needs around 85 competitors to break even, and we are not even at half that level as of close of play yesterday. We cannot afford to lose £1000+ on organising this race and hence we have had to take the decision to cancel.
We have emailed all entrants this morning offering a full refund, or a transfer to leg 2 or leg 3 of the series.
We are sure the fault to get adequate numbers is at our end, we do not seem to have cracked the marketing of the races, and so if any of you have suggestions for how, to whom, or where we market the events then we would certainly welcome them, so we can try and make a success of future legs this year.
I am sorry that we have to disappoint all our competitors, but I didn’t feel we could leave it any later to make a decision.