Trifarm | Latest News
blog,do-etfw,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-3.4,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.12.1,vc_responsive


Spooky Swim is ON!

Good News All
Just had the water analysis back and we are back into okay to swim territory. So your first opportunity for an October swim will be Halloween Swim on 31/10 from 9:30-11:30.  Book your slot here
Plenty of treats for those taking on the first winter swim of the season!
See you there!

No Swimming 17/10

Hi all, lake is better than last week, but still too much algae in swim lane to warrant wasting cost of test to check. Hopefully improvement will continue so we can get a swim in during October, but we are cancelling this Sunday’s session.

Stubborn Sludge

Our blue green algae is proving very stubborn and regrettably we have to cancel this weekend’s sessions.

We will do a water quality check next week to see if the cooler temperatures are persuading the algae to have a holiday so we can reopen for the 9th October Winter Swim session.

Apologies all

Trifarm closed up to and including 30/9

Afraid we are still under the influence of green ooze so no swimming this weekend/next week. We will check again next Thursday to see if the first winter swim session can go ahead on 3rd October.

Lake Closed for seven days, will review on 23/9

I am so sorry but I will have to reverse yesterday’s decision and say its a no go for swimming at the lake this weekend/next week. I just drove down to drop weekend supplies off and there is an extensive fresh bloom, much larger than the small stretch apparent on Wednesday. I will check the lake again on my way home next Thursday to see if next weekend can be saved.
So sorry everyone. I will contact everyone booked on re refunds etc.

Lake Reopens Saturday at 8:30am

The lake will reopen on Saturday at 8:30. Levels of algae in the swim lane are a long way below the limits and so we look forward to welcoming you back.

No Swimming 15/16 September

Hi all
Just been at the lake, I can still see some algae on the surface. The light conditions are not great so it is difficult to properly assess. We have a water quality test kit arriving tomorrow and will have results on Friday. I am cautiously hopeful we can open for the weekend, but no swimming Weds/Thurs this week.

Algal Bloom at Trifarm

A bloom of blue green algae emerged overnight and consequently we have cancelled the swim sessions today and tomorrow. We will check again on Tuesday to see if there is an improvement in water quality.

Apologies for the interruption to your normal swimming service!

Lake open – Normal opening at 5pm 1/9

Sunday’s bloom has cleared following a check of the lake this morning. Water looks lovely so we are open as normal from tomorrow at 5pm. Please remember as we go through September the lake will shut slightly earlier each week as we lose the sunlight



Precautionary closure for Algal Bloom, Monday 30/8

Good Morning All

We have seen some blue green algae at Trifarm this morning, and it appears to have spread a little over the morning.

As a result we are going to take our normal precautionary approach and cancel tomorrow’s session to see if the bloom gets bigger or smaller over the next 24 hours.

We are sorry to cancel your swim

Apologies and we hope to have you back soon

Ruth & Bill